Academic Role

Academic Role

by Martín Maglianesi -
Number of replies: 2
Dear. I need to link each Moodle user a unique role representing a state academic standards. For example, in my university, a user is predominantly a student, teacher or administrator. And if that is a student can be enrolled, be licensed, be free or be Graduated from the Carrera.

I see that in Moodle (versions 1.9 and 2.0) there is the possibility of managing roles in relation to each course but not for managing roles in relation to the race.

Is my assessment correct? Has anyone gone through something similar? Anybody can advise me about it?

I am sorry for my English. I translated using Google Translate. I hope you understand.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Martin
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martín Maglianesi

Re: Academic Role

by Martín Maglianesi -
Any suggestions can help me.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Martin
In reply to Martín Maglianesi

Re: Academic Role

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Martin. No, in Moodle users have a role in a course but it's not a good idea for users to have a role in the whole Moodle site. For example a person can be a student in one course, for example History, and be a teacher in a different course, for example Geography. So it's not usually a good idea to have a role attached to a person because that person could have a different position in a different course.