Add message "Welcome to ..." in front page

Add message "Welcome to ..." in front page

by C Barrain -
Number of replies: 7
Hi all

I would like to add a front page in my site similar to the ono on the Home link in this site, where I can say "Welcome to my site ...

How can I do that?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to C Barrain

Re: Add message "Welcome to ..." in front page

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Site administration>front page>front page settings> include a topic section. When this is checked/ticked then you will get an editing icon to add text to your front page
In reply to Mary Cooch

by C Barrain -

I checked the topic Section and I did not see the editing icon to add text

In reply to C Barrain

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
when you tick/check the "include a topic section" -then you go back to your front page and click the turn editing on button. Then you will have an edit icon to add text.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by C Barrain -
I did it!!

Is this your first time here?

Please note: this is NOT your school smile, it's the place where Moodle software is created and supported! If you are lost please ask your school to help you find the correct web address for your Moodle site.

To use Moodle.org fully you will need to make an account for yourself:

1. Click the button below and fill out the form.
  2. An email will be immediately sent to your email address.
  3. Read your email, and click on the web link it contains.
  4. Your account will be confirmed and you will be logged in.
  5. Use the same username and password to log in next time.

How can I activate4 the "Create New Account button
In reply to C Barrain

by C Barrain -
I just copied the text in the Welcome message in the Front Page Description Summary.

But it looks that it is not the right place because it does not show whn trying to log in.

i also checked the "include a topic section" -then you go back to your front page and click the turn editing on button. And I did not see the edit icon to add text.

Please advice
In reply to C Barrain

Re: Add message "Welcome to ..." in LOGIN page

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi there
To provide instructions on the login page go to Administration ► Users ► Authentication ► Manage authentication then type the instructions in the box provided and save changes.
I hope this helps
Cheers
Teresa
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

Re: Add message "Welcome to ..." in LOGIN page

by Tom the Teacher -
This is great if you are using English but what if I want to change the text to Chinese? I can paste Chinese into the text field but Moodle 2.0 rejects characters. I also thought about just creating the page as an image containing all the information for creating an account but TinyMCE doesn't allow image upload here.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?