Disabling right-click

Disabling right-click

by g k -
Number of replies: 4
Any way to disable right-click on Moodle 1.9 site?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to g k

Re: Disabling right-click

by Michael Hughes -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
In theory you could modify the theme files to prevent right clicking but I wouldn't guarantee it across *all* browsers

The "right click" is a function of the web browser application rather than the Moodle software.

It raises the question as to "why" you would be needing to disable right clicking?
In reply to g k

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I was going to ask "why", but the answer is going to be something along the lines of "I don't want users to steal my stuff" I suspect.

If that is the case then it's not really a sensible question. Anything that is sent over HTTP can be captured by the user. You can make it slightly more inconvenient but the reality is that you are inconveniencing your "legitimate" users. The people who would gain from redistributing your content will know (or find out very quickly) how to get around any barriers you put up.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Chris Bates -

I have a reason.  I have Flash games as examples on my site that do not behave as they should when you right click then select Play in the middle of a game.

Any thoughts on disabling Right Clicking?