Instructor cannot disable HTML editor

Instructor cannot disable HTML editor

by Heather Pickett -
Number of replies: 7
Hello,

We run Moodle 1.9.7, and I just found out that one of our instructors has been unable to disable the HTML editor for quite some time. Anytime she tries to update a resource, it automatically gives her the HTML editor. This has been happening apparently since before we had 1.9.7. I must be missing something...
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Heather Pickett

Re: Instructor cannot disable HTML editor

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I don't understand what you mean - the HTML editor is what we are using now to post in this forum - surely when she updates a resource it should offer her the HTML editor? Do you mean it is offering her the editor in HMTL mode and not WYSIWYG mode?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Heather Pickett -
Yes. She is only seeing the code. Sorry, I am still learning everything.

by Itamar Tzadok -
This may be the setting 'When editing text' in her profile. It should be set to 'Use HTML editor' in order to see the editor. If it is set to 'Use standard web forms' the effect is what you are describing (that is, if what you are describing is what I think it is). smile
Attachment userprofile-usehtmleditor.png
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Heather Pickett -
Nope. Her settings have her using the HTML editor.

by Itamar Tzadok -
If that's the case and she still doesn't see the editor then it may be that javascript is disabled in the browser she's using (the editor is created by javascript). It may be helpful to see a screenshot so that we could get a clear idea of what exactly is displayed when she tries to update the resource. smile
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Heather Pickett -
Here is a screen shot. (She took it with her camera smile She's missing the toolbar and everything.
Attachment low_res.jpg

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Is that Google Chrome? Can't see too clearly but if it is then that explains it. The html editor doesnt work in Google Chrome - she needs to use Firefox or Internet Explorer.