Accessing a quizport via the gradebook

Accessing a quizport via the gradebook

by robert maran -
Number of replies: 2
Hi Gordon

A couple of students have come up to me and said that find it inconvenient not to be able to access quizports they have not attempted via their gradebook. When they try to do this they get the message "No results found for this report". And of course they must go back to the course page to continue. (Personally, I don't see it being that big a problem, but students did say that when hotpotatoes was used last year, they could access the hotpotatoes that they had not attempted via their gradebooks). My guess is that students are doing a quizport, then checking the gradebook and from their they want to go directly to the next/ unattempted quizport. Other moodle activites such as quiz allows them to access via the gradebook, they say.

Is there a setting that will allow students to do what they want to do?

Cheers
Robert
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to robert maran

Re: Accessing a quizport via the gradebook

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Robert,
thanks for highlighting this point.

It is true what your students say. QuizPort does things differently from both the hotpot and quiz modules on this point. I can see that it is confusing.

I will change QuizPort to work like other modules that offer links from the gradebook.

cheers
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Accessing a quizport via the gradebook

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
OK, 'tis done. The modified behavior will be available to you next time the QuizPort module on your server is updated.

best regards
Gordon