quizport button

quizport button

by james aco -
Number of replies: 18

Hi

1. when push the continue button i'm redirect to the main course page- why?

2. whet trying to implement hotpot quizport activity there is no hotpot index button are not visible .i tested it on IE7, firefox and chrome...

3. no go button,or next...
In editing mod i allow all the buttons check box in the quizport.

http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/course/view.php?id=63
username - livetv
password - jams1965

Exe - Lesson 1 - Introductions - http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/mod/quizport/view.php?id=2096
Exam - Lesson 1 QuizPort - http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/mod/quizport/view.php?id=2098

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to james aco

Re: quizport button

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

1. there are quite a few situations when you might see a "Continue" button. Please explain in more detail what you were doing before you saw the "Continue" button?

2. When you say, "implement" do you mean "add"? Also, please explain what you mean by, "there is no hotpot index button are not visible".

3. Maybe this is related to the problem you reported before about buttons not appearing?
I could not log in to your site. I kept getting the the following message on the login page:
  • (Cookies must be enabled in your browser)
    (הדפדפן שלכם צריך לאפשר "עוגיות" cookies)
Thank you
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by james aco -

Thank you for quick replay

> I could not log in to your site.
>I kept getting the the following message on the login

first, sorry for inconvenience

• username - livetv
  • password - 123456

for 1 - i add html page with embed that was created by camtasis to quizport in chain mode. in the folder includes hotpot and camtasia files.

when we start the activity we arrive to the camtasia html page and the continue button appear .when pushing we redirect to course page.

for 2 - i add some hotpot exercise that i edited in the hotpot software with the index button and when i add these exercise to quiz port ,the index button does not appear so when you have chain quizport the student cant continue to the next exercises in the chain.

thank you

In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I was able to log in to your site - thank you.

1. I viewed the QuizPort containing the Camtasia html file. When I clicked the "Continue" button, I was shown the exit page for the QuizPort (see screenshot). No problems there. You seem to have fixed that issue - well done approve
Attachment quizport.exit.page.jpg

by Gordon Bateson -
2. If you want the Hot Potatoes "<=", "Index", and "=>" buttons to display in your Hot Potatoes quizzes when they are displayed in QuizPorts, you should select the "Original navigation aids" in the "Navigation" setting when you are adding or editing the quiz's settings in QuizPort (see attached screenshot)

all the best
Gordon
Attachment quizport.quiz.edit.jpg

by james aco -

thank you Gordon but  i have no such edit filed like in your image/
no options for navigation when editing quizport

image - http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/file.php/1/edit-quizport.JPG

In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -
Please be clear that settings for a QuizPort unit are different from the settings for each individual QuizPort quiz. You are talking about the QuizPort unit, but I am talking about the QuizPort quiz.

This diagram may help clarify the difference between the two:

You can get to the settings page of a QuizPort quiz in several ways:
  • when you are viewing the QuizPort quiz as a Moodle teacher or administrator, you can click the edit icon displayed next to the title
  • when you are viewing the "Edit quizzes" page, you can click the appropriate edit icon displayed in the left hand column
Following the above directions will take you to a page like the following page on your Moodle site:
all the best
Gordon

P.S. By the way, you have an error that is blocking access to QuizPorts on your site at the moment:
  • Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in
    /home/kobi/public_html/elearn/Moodle/mod/quizport/class.php on line 2745
This kind of error is often caused by one too many or one too few curly brackets, "{" and "}". Maybe you are experimenting with the PHP code?

by james aco -

for the error: yesterday after posting this replay i was reinstalling the last ver of quizport and i think the problem caused because we use the files in the same time.
now it's o.k.

for the edit quizport quiz - i find it but its seams it is a long way if you have allot of activity in the chain folder you need to edit each activity.

there is a fast way?

when testing the index hotpot button 'the arrow not redirect you to next activity in the chain.

for the quizport unit that contain the camtasia html movie as the first file - when editing the quizport quiz, i can't see the hotpot files.

http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/mod/quizport/view.php?id=2103
i tried to chose another file in the folder but it the same.
it seems that when there is an html file that is not hotpot so the quizport cant built the chain

http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/mod/quizport/view.php?id=2104

P.S. By the way - whe tried to edit and save quizport quiz in google chrome, you stay in the edit page and not redirect to the list of quizes as in IE7 and not saving the last changes.

i checked in firefox it is o.k.

Thank you

In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -
> there is a fast way?

Yes. Use the "Edit quizzes" page.
See section 11 of the following page:
> when testing the index hotpot button
> 'the arrow not redirect you to next activity in the chain.

Ah yes, there seems to be a problem there. I will investigate.

> when editing the quizport quiz, i can't see the hotpot files.

If you click on the "Choose or upload a file" button you can see the folder contents. It includes lots of Hot Potatoes files. (see screenshot)

> P.S. By the way - whe tried to edit and save quizport quiz in google chrome,
> you stay in the edit page and not redirect to the list of quizes as in IE7
> and not saving the last changes.

Thanks, I will check.
Attachment choose.or.upload.a.file.jpg

by james aco -

Sir Gordon,Sir Gordon,Sir Gordon-thank you for that page link QuizPort manual it is very helpful.

for - "when editing the quizport quiz, i can't see the hotpot files" -

i ment that in the edit quizport quiz main page does not contain the file from that folder although i edited the quizport as a chain.image - here i chose the camtasia as the sourse file for that chain http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/file.php/1/quizport-2.JPG

in this quizport http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/mod/quizport/view.php?id=2103

i want to use the hotpot navigations button becouse i didnt find a way to nevigate the chain activitys from the quizport.

i hope you can send me to read about...

in that activity http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/mod/quizport/view.php?id=2104

i chose one of the hotpot file to be the sourse of the quizport unit but it's seems that when the folder contain anothere types of file the chain cant be create. image - http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/file.php/1/quizport-3.JPG

for - "Ah yes, there seems to be a problem there. I will investigate.
" you will post the result of the investigate here???

Thank you

In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -
> i edited the quizport as a chain.image

Sorry, but I don't understand this. What is a "chain.image" ?

Maybe you want to add all the quiz files from one folder into the same QuizPort? In that case, set the "Source file" as the folder path, e.g. "Lesson_1/HotPot/Exam", and set "Add quiz chain" to "Yes".

> i didnt find a way to nevigate the chain activitys from the quizport.

I suggest you use post-conditions.
(see section 4 and 8 of the QuizPort manual)

by Gordon Bateson -
The "=>" navigation buttons on the following quiz, Exercise #1, does not work
  • Lesson_1/HotPot/Exam/exam1-Jgap1.htm
It does not work because it points to a the following quiz which does not exist:
  • Lesson_1/HotPot/Exam/1-1-Jgap2.htm
Therefore QuizPort cannot follow the chain of "=>" next buttons and only adds the first quiz.

If you want to add this chain of quizzes you should do the following:
  • EITHER fix all the "=>" buttons so they point to files that exist
  • OR use the folder path, i.e. "Lesson_1/HotPot/Exam", instead of the file path when you add the quiz
Of course, you will also need to set "Add quiz chain" to "Yes"

good luck!
Gordon

by james aco -

Hi Gordon

in this quizport Exercise #1 - The "=>" navigation buttons work well but : when i checked in IE7 ther is no problem with the navigation and i'm redirected to the next activity in the chain but in firefox and chrom  i have a problem - if i choose activity that is not the first activity i'm redirect to the Exit page and not to the next activity and if i trying new attempt and choose the first activity i will redirect again to the exit page.

as i understood is the  only navigation in quizport is the entry page or the hotpot nav?

there is a way to add navigations buttons to quizport unit that are independent in other software like hotpot?

thank you

In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -
I suggest you try these settings for your quizzes:
  • Navigation: None
  • Stop button: Yes
  • Stop button text: Try another quiz
I will investigate the behavior your reported for FF and Chrome.

thanks
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -
I think I have located the cause of the issue where clicking on a HP navigation button causes the exit page to be displayed instead of the next quiz.

Please could you download the latest version of QuizPort and tell me if it fixes the issue for you:
thanks
Gordon

by james aco -

The new ver works grate in ff and chrome.

thank you very much for your help.

*)  it seems that the continue button apear when the page has no navigation button that was added in the pre editing with the software.

1. there is a way to effect the redirection in the continue button? maby the best redirect is to next quiz in the chain and not to the entry page, becouse when you not use the entry page the continue button live you in the same page.

2. what will be the best redirection to the index button in hotpot when using quizport with a chain?

3.there is a way to privent the "mod/quizport/view.php" page to be shown ? i want the student to be redirect directly to the first acivity in the quizport chain and to go on to the last one with out pass any other page and to force him to finish the activity in the order pre editing ?

thank you

In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -

Thanks for confirming that the fixed worked.

In response to all three of your questions, I suggest that you do not use the "<=", "Index" and "=>" buttons. You can remove them if you switch the "Navigation" setting for all quizzes to "None".

Instead, you should use QuizPort's pre- and post-conditions to control the flow of the quizzes. You can access the conditions on the "Edit quizzes" page of a QuizPort activity (set "Show columns" to "Conditions").

Then do the following:

• add a pre-condition of "Previous quiz" to all quizzes except the first one
  • add a post-condition of "Next quiz" to all quizzes except the last one
  • add a post-condition of "End of unit" to the last quiz

Of course, if you want to add the same conditions to many quizzes, you can do so very quickly by using the "Default" radio buttons, the "Select" check-boxes, and the "Apply default values to selected quizzes" action (at the bottom of the page).

regards
Gordon

by james aco -

i done as you suggest http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/mod/quizport/view.php?id=2113 

" Then do the following:

• add a pre-condition of "Previous quiz" to all quizzes except the first one
  • add a post-condition of "Next quiz" to all quizzes except the last one
  • add a post-condition of "End of unit" to the last quiz "

now the continue button on the first quiz redirect you to next quiz but when you get there there is no option to navigate,now if you want to over to next quiz you have 3 option :finishing the quiz at 100% grade , closing the window quiz or if you limited the time than when the time end you will be redirect automaticly to next quiz.

thank you Gordon

In reply to james aco

by Gordon Bateson -
You don't have to finish the quiz with 100%, you just have to "complete" it. For a Hot Potatoes quiz, this means you have to find the correct answer to every question. It may take several tries at a question to find the correct answer, and your score for the quiz may not be 100%, but once you have found all the correct answers, the quiz results will be returned to Moodle and the next quiz will be shown to the student.

Gordon