Keep track of changes

Keep track of changes

by Vasilis F. -
Number of replies: 2
I'm trying to find a way to keep track of all changes in moodle. For example, I'd like to know, when a user is enrolled in a course, who enrolled him, or if the security rights of an account is changed, who changed them, etc.
The report found in Administration --> Reports --> Logs could help in some cases but not all (for example, there is no record of user rights modification, etc). Moreover, the column "Full name" seems to refer to the user whom the action concerns and not the one that did that action. For example, for the action "course enroll", the "full name" column contains the full name of the enrolled user and not the one of the user that enrolled him.
Is there such a functionality in moodle?

The version of moodle I use is 1.9.4+
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vasilis F.

Re: Keep track of changes

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

I don't know of a way of keeping track of all changes in Moodle 1.9, however Moodle 2.0 has a useful config changes report which lists all the changes made by admins.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Keep track of changes

by Vasilis F. -
Hi Helen,
thanks for your help. Your suggestion covers a part of what I'm looking for, so it sounds useful!
smile