how to determine the Moodle version installed

how to determine the Moodle version installed

Lev Abramov -
Vastausten määrä: 7
hi all!

I am an admin for our corporate Moodle installation - but I do not have access to the file system above it. Installation and upgrade has been performed by the engineering team.

How can I determine which version is currently installed, without asking them (i.e., via Administration/PHPmyAdmin) ?

TIA -

Lev
Arviointien keskiarvo: -
Vastaus Lev Abramov

Re: how to determine the Moodle version installed

Helen Foster -
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Documentation writers Kuva: Moodle HQ Kuva: Particularly helpful Moodlers Kuva: Plugin developers Kuva: Testers Kuva: Translators
Hi Lev,

You can find the version via Site Administration > Notifications.
Arviointien keskiarvo:Useful (1)
Vastaus Helen Foster

Lev Abramov -
That's where I looked at once. Getting old, I guess: was looking at the right page, missed it. Need a refreshment course in reading comprehension. hymy

Thanx Helen -

L
Vastaus Lev Abramov

greg mushial -

The other place it's listed is under Site Administration > Server > Environment

greg

Vastaus greg mushial

Glenys Hanson -
Hi there,

I know how to find the version if I'm an admin, but what about on sites where I'm not?
Is there any way for non admins to find the version of a site?

Cheers,
Glenys
Vastaus Glenys Hanson

Helen Foster -
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Documentation writers Kuva: Moodle HQ Kuva: Particularly helpful Moodlers Kuva: Plugin developers Kuva: Testers Kuva: Translators
Hi Glenys,

In earlier versions of Moodle, the version number was sometimes available (depending upon the theme used) by hovering over the Moodle logo on the front page. This functionality was removed in Moodle 1.9.7 onwards for security reasons. (Source: Moodle version)
Vastaus Glenys Hanson

Miguel Santos -

Hi Glenys,

Any user who can make a moodle course backup and identify the moodle version from the xml within the backup.

If the backup has the extension .zip you are on a 1.x version or if the backup has the extension .mbz it is a 2.x version.

Unzip the backup file, you may have to rename the mbz extension to zip for the 2x version, and look at the top of moodle.xml (1.x) or moodle_backup.xml (2.x) file.

The moodle version and release is included in the xml.