how to determine the Moodle version installed

how to determine the Moodle version installed

by Lev Abramov -
Number of replies: 7
hi all!

I am an admin for our corporate Moodle installation - but I do not have access to the file system above it. Installation and upgrade has been performed by the engineering team.

How can I determine which version is currently installed, without asking them (i.e., via Administration/PHPmyAdmin) ?

TIA -

Lev
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lev Abramov

Re: how to determine the Moodle version installed

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Lev,

You can find the version via Site Administration > Notifications.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Lev Abramov -
That's where I looked at once. Getting old, I guess: was looking at the right page, missed it. Need a refreshment course in reading comprehension. smile

Thanx Helen -

L
In reply to Lev Abramov

by greg mushial -

The other place it's listed is under Site Administration > Server > Environment

greg

In reply to greg mushial

by Glenys Hanson -
Hi there,

I know how to find the version if I'm an admin, but what about on sites where I'm not?
Is there any way for non admins to find the version of a site?

Cheers,
Glenys
In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Glenys,

In earlier versions of Moodle, the version number was sometimes available (depending upon the theme used) by hovering over the Moodle logo on the front page. This functionality was removed in Moodle 1.9.7 onwards for security reasons. (Source: Moodle version)
In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Miguel Santos -

Hi Glenys,

Any user who can make a moodle course backup and identify the moodle version from the xml within the backup.

If the backup has the extension .zip you are on a 1.x version or if the backup has the extension .mbz it is a 2.x version.

Unzip the backup file, you may have to rename the mbz extension to zip for the 2x version, and look at the top of moodle.xml (1.x) or moodle_backup.xml (2.x) file.

The moodle version and release is included in the xml.