manual regrading - choose

manual regrading - choose

by Velson Horie -
Number of replies: 6
Moodle 1.9.7
Students fill in and submit their answer scripts as their circumstances allow. We try to give a fast turn round of the scripts. The scripts are therefore marked by student and not by question.

When manually regrading, one can "choose" from a number of options - but only questions. Can one change the option list determined by the chosen student? I have tried selecting the student on the results page, but that does not seem to have any effect.

The effective, one to one, way would be to view the script in the same format that the student sees it, but with additional (teacher) options to add grades and comments. Is that available, or on the horizon? One can then get an overview of how the student thinks and where any hangups are occurring, then respond appropriately.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Velson Horie

Re: manual regrading - choose

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Velson

Students fill in and submit their answer scripts as their circumstances allow.

What do you call "answer scripts"? What type of questions are you talking about? Please stick to the standard Moodle terminology, it would make things easier for everyone to understand.wink
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Velson Horie -
Sorry about the terminology. When a quiz has been populated with answers by a student, what is it then called? Obviously not a quiz, since that was what is was when the "thing", the quiz, was a series of questions. It has become a series of answers and must be called something different. I am talking about the series of answers that comes from the student. I used "script" as a terminological hangover from paper based testing.

I prepared a didactic series of questions, the quiz, which I can see on screen. Building on this, the student has prepared a series of answers which he can see on screen. I want to see how the student has responded to the whole. At the moment, the only way I can see of doing this is by clicking through the separate answers on separate screens.

I hope that it is currently possible to look at the answers in the same way the student can on screen, so I should be grateful to be directed to how it can be done. If not, then this is a request for the teacher to be able to do so. In addition, it would be helpful if I could then comment and grade answers, especially essay answers, so that errors (or insights) occurring across answers can be addressed easily.

Thank you
Velson
In reply to Velson Horie

by Itamar Tzadok -
Perhaps the quiz review page is what you are looking for. You can get to that page by clicking on the attempt or its score in the quiz results tab. Then, you can see the questions (and answers) and even open all of them on one page if you wish by clicking 'show all questions on one page' in that review page (see image). smile
Attachment quiz-showallquestions.png
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Velson Horie -
Itmar

Thank you. Just what I need. It is taking a time to go through all the doors in Moodle and investigate what is behind them. Is there a floor plan?

All of the questions in my quizes are on one page, so that is presumably why I do not see the "Show all questions.." option.
In reply to Velson Horie

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Velson:

It is taking a time to go through all the doors in Moodle and investigate what is behind them. Is there a floor plan?

Maybe you could see Moodle as one of those Adventure Games where you do have to explore each and every door in order to re-construct the map for yourself. Good way to learn, by the way. wink