Differing page displays between users

Differing page displays between users

by Mat Dolton -
Number of replies: 3

Greetings all,

Newbie here, only just started with Moodle.

Having a weird issue where I have edited the pages that are visible so we only have the following blocks on:

Calender, Latest News, Messages, Random Glossary Entry, Admin, and the courses in the middle as well as a main Glossary.

Now... when I switch to any other login, be it teacher, student, or course creator, I get the following:

Latest News, My Courses, Calendar, blog Menu, Messages, Online Users, Tags and the courses in the middle.

We don’t want them to have access to My Courses, Tags nor Online Users. How do I get rid of these blocks coming up in the other users logins? I have tried making them hidden, but again that does nto work. Is this a standard setting in Moodle that can’t be changed?

Plus am I correct in assuming that you can't just have a main Glossary, but you have to have a Glossary per course?

HELP!!!

Many thanks in advance

Mat Dolton

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mat Dolton

Re: Differing page displays between users

by Mat Dolton -

Ok... just found the "Administration, Modules, Blocks, Stick Blocks" part and got rid of those pesky extra blocks... woohoo figured it out.

Still asking about the glossary part though if anyone has any ideas?

In reply to Mat Dolton

by David Sturrock -
Hi Mat - you can make any glossary in any course into a "global glossary". If you make the course open to guests or enrol all your users in it then you can use it as a truly global glossary. Most people end up creating these types of glossaries on the site front page.
Cheers
D
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Sturrock

by Mat Dolton -

Thanks David,

I originally made the glossary on the front page, but it wouldn't show up in the courses that I wanted it to, even after making it a Global Glossary and also the Main Glossary as well.  I then made a second Glossary and removed the main page one, did the same in making it Global and also the Main Glossary, and yet again it does not show up in any other course.

Any help?  Is this a setting that I have to do or something?