Forum post approval

Forum post approval

by Salim Šabić -
Number of replies: 11
Hello i need hekp with the patch Forum post Approval", i installed it but nothing happens.

I am using Moodle 1.9.8 latest.

The patch can be found here:

http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=2296&filter=1

I set the forum to require approvement, and the unapprove button shows, but when i clik to approve, nothing happens it goes back to unnaprove.

Has anyone got this to work, or has maybe another solution for adding the ability for Admin to approve posts?

I would be grateful if someone could run the patch on their moodle and just send me the output file, because i am affraid i am doing something wrong about he patch?

Please help.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Salim Šabić

Re: Forum post approval

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Salim - Could you create an issue in the Moodle Tracker so that we can work through whatever might be happening with the patch and get it working again? Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

Odgovor: Re: Forum post approval

by Salim Šabić -
Hello Anthony,

i added the Bug at Moodle Tracker: http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-2022

I hope this will be fixed soon.

Thank you
In reply to Salim Šabić

Re: Odgovor: Re: Forum post approval

by Anthony Borrow -
Thanks - I will try to spend some time on this today. Peace - Anthony

by Ali Hastie -

Hi

Are there any developments for the Moodle 2.0 forum covering post approvals?

Thanks

In reply to Ali Hastie

by Anthony Borrow -
Ali - I have not had a chance to work on modifying the patch to work with 2.0; however, is someone who is actually using it might want to take a little initiative and begin working on it that would be greatly appreciated. Since I do not actually use the code on a production server I have to admit that it is lower on my list of priorities. Ideally, I would like to hand off maintenance of the forum post approval to someone else should they wish to volunteer. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Ali Hastie

by Anthony Borrow -
Ali - Just to follow up that I did create a tracker issue to upgrade the forum post approval patch to work with Moodle 2.0 (CONTRIB-2260). Folks are welcome to participate by uploading a revised patch which I would review and test, voting (to let me know how much interest there is), or watching the issue (for those who want updates as to the progress being made on the issue). Peace - Anthony

by Ali Hastie -

Hi Anthony

Sorry didnt reply sooner. Many thanks for taking this further and hope for much interest with the forum approval for Moodle 2.0.

Cheers

Ali

by Fritz Richter -

Hi Anthony,

is there chance to get this patch updated for Moodle 2 in the near future?

Many thanks,

Fritz

by Debbie Mowry -

I know there has been talk about whether an approval forum is appropriate or not but my company would not use forums until the capability to approve posts was available. I took the 1.9 patch and attempted to adapt it for our Moodle 2.x instance; initially 2.2 but soon we'll be upgrading to at least 2.6.

The approve option is given to those with permissions for posts created by those without permissions. It will work as a toggle so if a TA approves a post and an instructor decides it shouldn't be approved they can "unapprove."

Student view:

Student view of forum; can read instructor and their own post but other student post is blocked until approved.

Instructor view:

Forum with options to approve or unapprove posts.

I've looked at the tracker and I'm sorry if I'm missing a 2.x patch or GIT repo and duplicated work.

I created a patch, and GIT repo, for Moodle 2.6+ (Build: 20131213) that can be found at https://github.com/debmowry/Moodle-2.6-Forum-Post-Approval

I'm new to creating patches and contributing in general so please forgive me if I've missed something. I have followed the directions at http://docs.moodle.org/dev/How_to_create_a_patch and creating the patch from my initial commit of a clean 2.6 install and the current phase of my approval development. I think I've caught everything but I cannot guarantee it.

The version I did for 2.2 works in our development environment with a work around for single simple discussion. I'll be fixing it to put out to the community in case someone wants it when I have a bit more time but we're using it as is until we upgrade to 2.6.

In reply to Debbie Mowry

by Peter Higginson -

I have taken the 2.6 patch above, simplified it quite a bit and made it work on v2.9.2. Is there any interest in trying to get this feature into the standard version?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Peter Higginson

by Fritz Richter -

Hi Peter,

we would be very interested in this feature. Could you please send us your patch. We would like to use it already now.

Many thanks, 

Fritz