Delete a Topic

Delete a Topic

by J S -
Number of replies: 3
How to you delete a course or topic module from a course?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to J S

Re: Delete a Topic

by Paula Clough -

Jim,

You can do this several ways according to what you want to do. 

You don't actually delete the topic section, you delete the material within it.

• If you want to actually get rid of everything in the topic area, you can delete each part within it using the X beside each component and then move it down to the bottom of the list using the up down arrows when the editing is on.
  • If you just want to move up another topic area for you class, you can go to setting and look at the number that are showing and go to a larger number, save the change and go back to the course page, then move the empty topic up using the up down arrows with editing on.
  • If you might want to use the material in the topic box at a latter time instead of deleting it, you might want to turn editing on and close the eye at the side of the box which will hide all the content in the topic box. You can leave it there or can move it down the list as the suggestions above.  If you move it all the way down, you can actually hide it more completely by going into the settings again and moving the number of topics to show to one less than the number you have and only the others will show.

Hope this helps.

cool

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to J S

Re: Delete a Topic

by J S -
Thank you. I knew about the dropping it to the bottom, I thought there was a more "elegant" way. I use several CMS and it is easy to confuse functions sometimes. Thanks for the quick reply.