Customers not allowed to log onto courses despite paying.

Customers not allowed to log onto courses despite paying.

by Kelvin Furze -
Number of replies: 5

I have set up a course requiring payment via Paypal.

I tested the facility by enrolling in the course as another user.   However, even though I pay for the course (and as a customer receive a receipt to confirm that payment has been made)  I am not allowed to access the course.  Instead I receive the following message:  

'Thank you for your payment!  Unfortunately your payment has not yet been fully processed, and you are not yet registered to enter the course \"course name\".  Please try continuing to the course in a few seconds, but if you continue to have trouble then please alert the $a->teacher or the site administrator'   

When I wait the mandatory few seconds (I left it for ten minutes) and try again, nothing happens and I get taken back to the screen informing me that I need to pay for this course.   If I was a genuine customer I would be feeling really annoyed at this point.

The funny thing is,  I also receive as the supplier, an email confirming that payment has been made.  When I log onto my Paypal account I can see the payment there.  It has definitely gone through.    However, I also receive an email from my moodle site with the subject header:  PAYPALL ERROR, AMOUNT PAID IS NOT ENOUGH with various lines of garbled text.  

I notice that another user had a similar problem but it does not appear to have been resolved.  On that occasion he was requesting payment in British Pounds.  I am also requesting payment in British Pounds.  Could it be that the bug lies here somewhere?

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Many thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kelvin Furze

Re: Customers not allowed to log onto courses despite paying.

by Kelvin Furze -
Someone,  anyone,   help...sad
In reply to Kelvin Furze

by Kelvin Furze -

This does seem to be a serious problem and I've been working on it for a couple of days without success.  Please let me rephrase it as I am aware that my previous garbled entry may have put a lot of people off.

The basic problem seems to be that whenever anyone enrols on any of my courses requiring payment in GBP, they pay using PayPal,  the money is taken from their account, but they are not permitted access to the course.

I wonder if anyone else has this same problem.  

When I change the currency from GBP to USD,  everything goes through OK.  The problem seems to be with GBP only.

After the account goes through,  I then receive (as site administrator) an automated message with the header:  PAYPAL ERROR: Amount paid is not enough <£0.20     This email is received depite the fact that the course was paid in the correct currency in full.  

I am extremely inexperienced in these things and have been battling on my own for the past couple of days trying to make sense of it.   I have not received a response on the message boards to date and would really appreciate some help, no matter how limited.

I would be particularly interested to know if anyone has successfully set up an account accepting payment in GBP so that they can perhaps tell me where I am going wrong.

Regards.

In reply to Kelvin Furze

by Tan M -

Hi Kelvin,

Unfortunately, I have not had the same thing happen to me, so I can't really help.  But maybe it has something to do with PayPal?  Perhaps the amounts you are using are too small or the exchange rate / fee schedule is messing you up somehow?

Have you tried using different dollar amounts (i.e. most of us tend to use $1 when testing, but try using $10 and see if you still get the 'not enough' error).

If other currencies are working and nobody has responded to you yet, I'm guessing it may not be a moodle problem.  I'm not technical either, but maybe something I've said will trigger something else for you to try that might solve the problem.

Good luck!

In reply to Tan M

by Kelvin Furze -

Thanks for your answer Tan

The problem lay with the file enrol/paypal/ipn.php missing a line of text and was restricted to GBP. 

It's now been sorted but thanks for your reply.

In reply to Kelvin Furze

by Tan M -

Great to hear it got resolved!

Tan