US English Language Pack Keeps Changing

US English Language Pack Keeps Changing

by Ms. Royce -
Number of replies: 11

Hi everyone. We keep selecting US English pack. But when Admin logs out, the setting returns to regular en pack. We've done everything to make the en us pack stay but it just won't. Do you have any ideas?

(Edited by Helen Foster to fix the formatting - original submission Friday, 2 April 2010, 02:52 AM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ms. Royce

Re: US English Language Pack Keeps Changing

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
> We've done everything to make the en us
> pack stay but it just won't.

What exactly have you done?
In reply to David Mudrák

by Ms. Royce -

Hi David. Thanks for your reply. We have uploaded the most recent en_us zip. Also, we go into admin to set language pack to en_us but when we log out it changes back to en. The language in the system is set to en_us so whenever we look its there. But, we still have the word enrol and not enroll. Thanks smile

In reply to Ms. Royce

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Try to turn off config variable "autolang" (use Admin block search field to find the section where it is defined).
In reply to David Mudrák

by Ms. Royce -

Hello David, Thank you for your reply. "autolang" is off. I'll go in and change through language edit in moodle.php. I thought there was a another way around making the en_us language pack stay as the permanent selection.

Take care...

In reply to Ms. Royce

by David Mudrák -
Of course there is a way. Editing moodle.php is actually the worst method how to deal with this.

What have you set as the Moodle site default language? Have you tried different computer to look at your Moodle? Can you send me URL of the site?
In reply to David Mudrák

by Ms. Royce -

Hi David,

I think we figured this out. It looks like when we log in as student, the word enroll is correct. When logged in as admins, it reverts back to enrol with one "l". I'll send the link as soon as the course is complete.

Thanks for your help smile

In reply to Ms. Royce

תשובה ל: Re: US English Language Pack Keeps Changing

by Irith Herman -

hi

Can you please tell me what you did to solve the problem?

I have the same problem

Thanks

Irith

In reply to Irith Herman

Re: תשובה ל: Re: US English Language Pack Keeps Changing

by chris horsefield -

I was able to solve the problem by doing the following:

Login as admin

Go to Site Administration > Language > Language Pack

Install English - United States (en_us)

Go to Admin > Preferences > My Profile Settings > Preferences > Preferred Language

Select English - United States

Click Update Profile

In reply to Ms. Royce

תשובה ל: US English Language Pack Keeps Changing

by Irith Herman -

hi

Can you please tell me what you did to solve the problem?

I have the same problem

Thanks

Irith