Embedding Video in a Database

Embedding Video in a Database

by Gerard Libby -
Number of replies: 4
Hey all. Is there a way to embed an uploaded video into a database? Basically, I want it so that users of my moodle can easily upload a video (like the database function provides) but then I want the videos to be viewable in the browser right there instead of having to click the download link. Is there a way to do that? Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerard Libby

Re: Embedding Video in a Database

by Gerard Libby -
So Im guessing this isnt possible?
In reply to Gerard Libby

by Dan O'Reilly -
Trying to figure out the same thing ... appears that it is not possible!
In reply to Dan O'Reilly

by Dan Trouten -

I'm trying to figure out exactly what it is you are wanting to do. To play the video it would need to be uploaded as media in the class you have set up. It would need to be placed in the course and it will come up to play.

In reply to Dan Trouten

by Dan O'Reilly -

I am using Moodle 1.9, with OS X Lion, focusing on Firefox; however, I think that there is a similar issue with 2.2. 

I created a 'database activity'.  Within that activity, one can only create the following fields: Checkbox, Date, File, Latitude/Longtitude, Menu, Menu (Multi-select), Number, Picture, Radio buttons, Text, Textarea, and Url.  There is no 'media class' option.  I selected the field 'File' but once created it will only allow a download of the video (actually in IE 9 a video window pops up).