how to diable copy&paste of a course

how to diable copy&paste of a course

by Helen Du -
Number of replies: 5

Hi, As titled, how can I disable the copy&paste of a course content in Moodle? Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helen Du

Re: how to diable copy&paste of a course

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Helen,
I am not an expert on this. Back in '07 this came up in the Lesson forum. Suggest you type in protect copy or disable copy in the moodle.org search engine to see some results like these or these.

Joseph said it, protecting HTML pages from being copied is an illusion. Without trying to make it easy for those who wish to steal, plagiarizer or profit from your work, I can think of 3 ways to do it without really digging into any bag of tricks. Sometimes it is a little bit harder than my first 3 way but....

Looking forward for a few real experts to chime in again on this question. Good post, wonder if it is in a FAQ somewhere.

Chris

In reply to Helen Du

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Helen, what is it you're actually trying to prevent? That is to say, why do you need to prevent people from copying and pasting from a Moodle course?

The quick answer to the question is that you can't. You can put controls in place to make it difficult for someone to copy the text in their browser, but if someone really wants to copy text from a web page they have access to you're not going to be able to stop them. However, suitable education or access controls applied to users may go some way to solving your problem.
In reply to Helen Du

by Paul Holden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Only way that guarantees success is to remove the keyboard and mouse from the machine wink

Of course, then you just need to figure out how to stop them taking a photo, screenshot, OCR recording, handwriting, etc...
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Paul Holden

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
How did I forget handwriting, now there are 4 easy ways! big grin
In reply to Chris Collman

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Handwriting! Oh my goodness - I forgot that too!smile
In fact, these days, I believe I am forgetting how to write full stop... (or period, according to your language>>)