How do I hide poples personal details in course participants section?

How do I hide poples personal details in course participants section?

by karen lawrence -
Number of replies: 4
Hello

When people are enrolled on a course on my site other participants enrolled on the same course can see all of the personal data that is collected at the time of registration. How can I prevent this?

I hope someone can help me resolve this problem

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to karen lawrence

Re: How do I hide poples personal details in course participants section?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
As a short measure you can hide or delete the participants block - then they won't be able to click on it and see info about the others. As a longer measure you can remove from the student role the permission to view other's profiles in site admin>users>defineroles and click on student - then set to View user profiles moodle/user:viewdetails to prevent
In reply to Mary Cooch

by karen lawrence -
Thank you for your help, I'd never have sorted that one out on my own!

Its now set so people can only view their own full profile but it still shows peoples postcodes is there a way I can prevent this as well?

Thanks
Karen
In reply to karen lawrence

by Glenys Hanson -
Hi Karen,

What field are the postcodes in? When I log in as a student I can't see other students' ID numbers, addresses, phone numbers or email. Coco filled in all these but you can't see them in the screenshot below. What you see below is the default setting - I haven't done anything special to increase security.

Cheers,
Glenys
Attachment screenshot_41.png