Continuity in Lessons

Continuity in Lessons

by Bob Lieberman -
Number of replies: 4
Hi there,

Total Moodle newbie here, but I think I've learned how to use most of the Moodle teacher capabilities. I can't for the life of me figure out how to do what I want. Here's an example:

I want to ask (#1) the student to think of a work situation that needs improvement, and write it in an answer (#1). Then I want to ask (#2) them to think about how that situation looks to them, and write that down (#2). Then i want to ask (#3) them to think about how they might look at the situation in the opposite way, and write that down (#3). So there are three questions and three answers.

I'm having two problems.

1. When they move from the first answer to the second question, I don't see how they can easily refer back to their first answer (the work situation) to be sure they're addressing the situation they chose. By the time they get to the 3rd question, they may have forgotten altogether.

2. The questions and their answers are valuable learning that I'd like them to be able to take away from the course in summary form. I looked for a report that lets them print questions and their answers but I couldn't find one. How would I let them do this?

I don't expect to grade their answers, so if there's a better vehicle than questions, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance,
Bob
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bob Lieberman

Re: Continuity in Lessons

by Carmen L Hernandez -

Hi Bob...

If I understood, you have some options. First, you can create an assignment for each question, using the assignment activity. The answers can be uploaded thru a word file, so the students have their previous answers archived in the course and in their computers.  Second, you can create an online text assignment for each question, which no need of uploading files, and students can see their previous answers and print this Moodle page, or saved through copy and paste.  Finally, you can use a Journal where students can modify their answers or use three separate journals available through a period of time, so they cannot modify their first answers and so on.  If you do not want to grade these activities, you can exclude them from the register.  These options are for individual student’s works, but if you want them to share their answers or see other student’s answers you can use forums or wikis, that also can be saved through copy and paste or printed.

Good luck,

Carmen

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Carmen L Hernandez

by Bob Lieberman -
Thanks Carmen. I'm settling on online text. Journal is no longer supported, and upload download won't work for my example. Thanks for your help.
Bob

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Bob,
Another tool might be Questionnaire module, a contributed module. I use it in a variety of settings. It is my #2 favorite contributed code module, next to Certificate module.

Just to confirm, you looked at the Assignment module? While I have not used it, I think it has an online tool.

It does not sound like the soon to be vastly improved Portfolio module will be of any help.

Chris

by Andy Poulton -

Hi Bob,

I'm using the lesson function and would love our learners to be able to see the same review/summary page that the teacher sees. Have you had any success with this?

Thanks,

Andy