is it possible to add grade categories automatically ?

is it possible to add grade categories automatically ?

by Murad Jamal -
Number of replies: 2

is there any hint on how to categorize grade items automatically without having to create grade categories using current manual way ?

i.e. I have a grader report with 3 assignments and 5 quizes and 3 manually created grade items, i want to add a button on the page (named: categorize) when pressed it will categorize these items into the following: (1) assignments  (2) quizes  (3) manual grade items

and give each category total the "simple weighted mean of grades" aggregation method as a default method for aggregation .

any ideas where to start would be highly appreciated ..

In reply to Murad Jamal

Re: is it possible to add grade categories automatically ?

by Elena Ivanova -
just wondering here - are you looking for a programmers advice? Since this is not possible without custom code tweaking. smile
Simple Weighted can be a default method, if you make it default for the whole installation as an admin. This will, however, affect all courses on your server, so all new categories will get SWM as default.

p.s. Nice ideas!
It can be useful to be able to categorize items based on their type (assignments, quizzes, etc)
And it can be useful to provide the possibility to set a default aggregation in Settings tab for the course.
In reply to Elena Ivanova

Re: is it possible to add grade categories automatically ?

by Murad Jamal -

smile yes I'm asking from a developer's perspective ...

of course it will be so useful to categorize items according to there type, I think it's little hard to do it, maybe i can do it on our moodle site where the grader report of a teacher is filtered according to groupings ...