Moodle 1.9 - HotPot Quiz problem with limiting questions

Moodle 1.9 - HotPot Quiz problem with limiting questions

by Gerry Bolger -
Number of replies: 2
A student has quite rightly shown me a problem with a quiz I set, where I had restricted the number of questions to show in the questions because I didn't want them looking forward. As such I've remove this option.

The student said it would only show 2 questions (as I had set it to show only 2 at a time). It appears that for a teacher it seems fine but for a student it only shows 2 questions (there are 10) See image one below.

Image 2 shows what the student sees.

ps cannmoz-screenshot-6.pngot upload images, am trying to embed below

moz-screenshot-7.pngmoz-screenshot-8.png

moz-screenshot-4.pngmoz-screenshot-5.png

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerry Bolger

Re: Moodle 1.9 - HotPot Quiz problem with limiting questions

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Can't see your pictures but you can attach an individual picture to the forum post
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Moodle 1.9 - HotPot Quiz problem with limiting questions

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Gary,

> The student said it would only show 2 questions
> (as I had set it to show only 2 at a time).
> It appears that for a teacher it seems fine
> but for a student it only shows 2 questions (there are 10)

I guess we are talking about JQuiz here, and you have used the JQuiz -> Options -> Configure Output -> Other -> "Show a limited number of questions each time page loads".

It seems that you think this option means "Every time the quiz is shown to the student, show all 10 questions, but show 2 questions at a time". However, this is not what this setting means. Rather, it means "Each time the quiz is shown to the student, select 2 out of the 10 questions and show only those 2 questions".

I think this feature is working as intended, but not as you expected wink

hope that helps
Gordon