Enrolment by database - have to manually enrol as well

Enrolment by database - have to manually enrol as well

by Richard Anderson -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all,

I've been trying to get enrolment via an external database working. Initially I was having problems with "Weird user error" messages, but this was resolved by downloading a new version of enrol.php from this thread: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=12670 (file posted by James M.)

However, it is still not working as I expected:

1) If a user logs-in and their details appear in the enrolment database for a course, they still can't log in ("manual enrolment is disabled") unless an admin has gone into the course and manually enrolled them, in which case they can access it fine.

2) However, if their details have been removed from the enrolment database, they can't access the course even if they have been manually enrolled by an admin. Clearly therefore, moodle is seeing the enrolment database and utilising it (otherwise manually-enrolled users would be able to access the course anyway).

Anyone got any idea what is going on? Should I download the Branch Release or the enrol.php file from it.

Config:

"Allow internal methods" is disabled
The enrolment table is compared to the "shortname" field for the course.

Thanks for anyone's help,

Richard Anderson

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Anderson

Re: Enrolment by database - have to manually enrol as well

by Richard Anderson -

I have managed to resolve the issue by using the enrol.php file from the latest Branch release.

Enrolment now functions as I hoped it would!

Regards

Richard Anderson