Windows server: Wiki Viewing 404 Error

Windows server: Wiki Viewing 404 Error

by William Valentine -
Number of replies: 2
I have one course on our Moodle site that is receiving a 404 error. You can create and edit a wiki page. But when you go to view it, you receive a 404 error. Never seen this before. It's only affecting this one course. Other courses can view their wikis just fine. Not sure what's going on here. It's only on viewing. I don't see how it could be a permissions problem on a file.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to William Valentine

Re: Windows server: Wiki Viewing 404 Error

by William Valentine -
I did figure one thing out. It's because they made the wiki in group mode. They have no groups in the course. I changed it and the wiki displayed.

How can I ensure this isn't a problem in the future? I don't want to have to explain to each user that they can't create a wiki without groups or have to select "No Groups" from the list.
In reply to William Valentine

Re: Windows server: Wiki Viewing 404 Error

by Bob Smith -

I believe in a case like this you should already be receiving a Moodle error page.  (pink box) however given that you've posted in the Windows forum, I'm going to take a guess and assume your running IIS 7 and are experiencing an issue where the internal error pages generated by moodle are not displayed correctly (instead you receive a 404 error page).

Please refer to my post

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=144597#p635034

and see if this resolves your issue. 

My apologies if this does not apply to your configuration however I wanted to point this out as it seems a lot of people are having issues with it and I myself struggled with it for a very long time.

Thanks,

Bob