Lessons attempts without questions/quiz

Lessons attempts without questions/quiz

by Moodle User -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I need to check if a student has attempted(or alteast gone through) all the lessons in a course.  These lessons are not having any questions/quiz within it(otherwise i would have used the grading mechanism). The course completion certificate will be achieved only if all lessons are viewed. How can i acheive this?

Any advice would be highly appreaciated.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Moodle User

Re: Lessons attempts without questions/quiz

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Very easy, use Administration/Reports/Participation report etc. see attached screenshot.
Please note, however, that you'll have to display the report for each Lesson in your course.
Joseph
Attachment image00.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Moodle User -

Thanks for the reply Joseph. Ya this would help me, but I was thinking if the Certificate completion would check this automatically (as its doing for any attached quiz or questionnaire) before displaying certificate to student.

In other words, I want to grant a course certificate to a student only if he/she has gone through all the lessons of the course (note: these lessons are not having any quiz questions in it). 

One way of doing this is to set the minimum time spent in course under Locking Dependency options. But this would not say if the student went through all the lessons.

In reply to Moodle User

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi,
"Chain" the lessons together one dependent upon the other. The Certificate module should allow you to set a dependency upon any activity, including Lessons and Quizzes.

I don't like complicated dependency or conditional settings. While I have not done it, you can set dependencies in Certificate for multiple activities. I would set the dependency on the last lesson in the chain. But that is just me.

Also, if you need to see some sort of record in Gradebook, why not give them one exit Multiple Choice question with an answer of "Continue" that jumps to end of lesson. Get clever with grades and scores, so they are basically immaterial to anything when it comes to Lessons but will allow you print a grade report showing progress of each student in the course.

Chris
Average of ratings: Useful (1)