Grades not updating

Grades not updating

by Caryl Gordon -
Number of replies: 2

Hi fellow Moodlers,

I access submitted assignments via the Activities block. I then click on the "View x submitted assignments" link, where x is the number of submitted assignments. I have Quick Grading turned on.

When I click on the "Grade" link for a student, a window opens with the file the student uploaded. I can open the submitted file and even upload a response file for the student. Then, in the "Grade" drop-down list, I select the grade. Then I click the "Save changes" button. The same window is re-displayed and the "Grade" drop-down list has returned to "No grade". The file I uploaded is still attached.

I have even selected a grade from the "Grade" drop-down list and clicked the "Save and show next" and the "Next" button and the "Grade" reverts back to "No grade" and the same student is still displayed.

As a workaround, I have to select a grade on the quick grading screen. I can choose a grade from the "No grade" drop-down list and click the "Save all my feedback" button and the grade updates. However, this adds another step in the grading process and I have quite a large class- over 150 students.

This happens for both IE 7.0 and in Firefox 3.0.

What am I doing wrong? What can I do to be able to enter the grade in the individual window for each student?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Caryl Gordon
UNC Charlotte

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Caryl Gordon

Re: Grades not updating

by Itamar Tzadok -
Not a good practice to have the Quick Grading on and use the Grade link for grading. It should be exclusive either or. Too many graders lost hours of work by overriding their comments and grades after using the Grade link and then saving the Quick Grading (intentionally or not) without reloading the page. I would start by turning the Quick Grading off.

Then, right under the grade dropdown there should be a label "Final grade: --" which should state the grade if it is updated. Does the label show the grade? Does the gradebook show the grade? smile
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Caryl Gordon

Re: Grades not updating

by Ann Adamcik -
You might be running into this issue with the grading pop-up for the Advanced upload assignment - MDL-6772.