Ideas/Mockup for a new Journal module (Moodle 2.1?)

Ideas/Mockup for a new Journal module (Moodle 2.1?)

by Laura Mikowychok -
Number of replies: 1
As suggested in tonight's excellent iMoot panel discussion, I created a quick mockup of a new Journal module using Balsamiq. Great software recommendation, Martin!

I started thinking about this module because 1) my background is English and I've done more than my share of journaling and grading journals, and 2) so many of the teachers in my Moodling districts are asking for an entries-based activity like the database, where students can keep a daily journal or log. Each entry needs to be graded, and each entry needs to be private; I've been using a crazy interpretation of the database to accomplish this, but it is a square peg in a round hole. The online text is better, but teachers must make a separate activity each time they wish to assign a grade. If it is a daily activity, all I can say is yikes!

So, what do you guys think of this?

I'm also posting it in the forum and online text assignment forums, since it relates.

Thanks for considering it, Moodlers!

LM
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Laura Mikowychok

Re: Ideas/Mockup for a new Journal module (Moodle 2.1?)

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Note that the OU's ForumNG, either already includes, or soon will, a mode that makes it operate like a learning Journal. You might like to take a look at that.

(Some of us hope forumNG will be included in Moodle 2.0.)