Databases: Sporadic Database Connectiion Failed

Databases: Sporadic Database Connectiion Failed

by Jeff Finnan -
Number of replies: 0
I have my moodle set up through a host provided. I am getting occasional, random

"Error: Database connection failed.

It is possible that the database is overloaded or otherwise not running properly.

The site administrator should also check that the database details have been correctly specified in config.php"

I am using Moodle 1.9.7+ (Build: 20100113)

The few times this has occurred often there is only one or two users generally me checking on something. I spotted a couple when no one was on because it occurred during a cron job. I got back the message above and it was not properly formated and it was off a couple of minutes in timing.

The error goes away and all is fine.

My provider reported back:

"Please accept our apologies for possible inconvenience. As we have checked your site is working properly at the moment. We have also checked your mysql server and were not able to detect any slowness on it. Please recheck the issue once again from your end. If the issue occur again please contact us immediately for us to be able to investigate the issue online."

Is there something I can do from my vantage point? Run some diagnostic? Put the installation under load somehow? Get the provider to do something? At the moment, I am running the cron every two minutes to see if I can catch if this occurs when no one is looking.

Thanks,
Jeff

Average of ratings: -