XAMPP Problems - counters.gigya.com

XAMPP Problems - counters.gigya.com

by Bill Schreiter -
Number of replies: 1
Hi, I installed XAMPP and Moodle on a windows xp computer to act as a test bed. Well it is sure testing me.

I restored one of my courses two different ways. The first was a simple complete restore and it seems to work fine. The second was as from a backup of the wiki (nwiki) only since it contains most of the information that I want to reuse.

It restored but when I went to access the wiki it hung up "transferring data from counters.gigya.com....

I later discovered that counters.gigya.com seems to be the same as localhost...

When I open localhost in a browser I get the Xampp start page and I also get the same Xampp start page when I open counters.gigya.com in browser.

In fact http://counters.gigya.com/moodle/ opens up my Moodle....

What happened?

How do I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Bill
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bill Schreiter

Re: XAMPP Problems - counters.gigya.com

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
In your backup zip file, if you open it, you will find a file called moodle.xml. This is the file that controls all the data in the zip file. You may want to extract the whole zip file, edit the moodle.xml file, removing any reference to counters.gigya.com and save it, rezip it and then upload that file.

Now, be careful here. You may need to edit the file by more than just removing the counters.gigya.com references. You may have to remove more than the name. so it may be several times before you get it right so the file will unzip and restore without issues.

The alternative is to recreate the course, and go though the moodle.xml file and copy and paste the information you want - then upload any related images and files etc, essentially recreating pages. This is a longer way, but actually more reliable.