Deleted Quiz Points Still Part of "Course Total" Calculation

Deleted Quiz Points Still Part of "Course Total" Calculation

by David Schamus -
Number of replies: 1

Hi All,

I may have done a bad thing with regards to a quiz that I no longer wanted to include in the course grade.  Here's the scoop. 

• I had created a quiz.
  • Students took the quiz and received points for it
  • Later, I decided to NOT include the quiz in the total course grade so I Deleted the Quiz Ojbect from the course main page.
  • It appears that the Course Total Percent is still based upon the total number of points for all assignments/quizzes, and INCLUDES the quiz that I deleted. 
  • I can tell because I had one student get 100% on all items, but only got an 80% on the deleted quiz.  His course total score is now only 99%

Any ideas on how I can fix this?  My role is a teacher, not administrator.  Temporarily, I downloaded the Grades to Excel and calculated the course totals there and emailed students with an update to their grade. 

Thank you all, and I hope you have a great new year.

Dave

In reply to David Schamus

Re: Deleted Quiz Points Still Part of "Course Total" Calculation

by Itamar Tzadok -
Deleting the quiz does not necessarily remove the corresponding grade item especially if the relevant gradebook category is locked. If the grade item is still there you should be able to delete it and that should fix the calc. If the relevant category or any parent category is locked, you should unlock (and relock) so that the gradebook recalcs. Hope this helps. smile