Modify gradebook

Modify gradebook

by Filzah Alwi -
Number of replies: 13

We currently need help on modifying the gradebook in moodlev1.96. Pls help me by giving some suggestions or solutions. Thanks.

In reply to Filzah Alwi

Re: Modify gradebook

by Allan Porras -
I need to modifying the gradebook, too. Help me please.
In reply to Allan Porras

by Elena Ivanova -
You probably need to hire a programmer.
Try here: http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?id=7232 (either search or post) smile
In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
That may be overkill. There are lots of configuration options. Anyway, it really impossible to answer the question until we have some information about how they want to modify the gradebook.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Allan Porras -
Well, I need to show the skills of some categories and not the whole course.
For example. In a course I have level 1, level 2, category 3 and category 4. I need to show the grade to the category 2.

How can I do?

Someone can help me?

I have to present it in school soon.
In reply to Allan Porras

by Elena Ivanova -
Allan, I am sorry, it is still unclear on what are you trying to achieve. What do you mean under word level? What is the category to you ? Do you mean group of students? You need to be much more specific.

by Allan Porras -
OK. Let me explain.

My courses I separated through the quarters. Each quarter is a category. Within each quarter I have homework, exams, etc.

I need to generate a report per student to show me the average Quarter 2. Understand me?
I was trying to do the SQL query, but I can not do it. Do not know much about SQL.

On the other hand I thought to a new report moodle, something like 'overvoew report' Basic of moodle.
In reply to Allan Porras

by Barry Oosthuizen -
Hi Allan,

Would collapsing the categories be of any benefit to you? Using the '+', '-' or 'o' icons to collapse/expand them.

Another option would be to make use of the Export feature. Untick all grade items except the category you need.

Cheers,

Barry
In reply to Barry Oosthuizen

by Allan Porras -
I need that students can see a sheet with the qualifications of a specific course and in summary form.

In other words, students can see:

nombre_alumno / category_name / category_grade

Anyone know?
In reply to Allan Porras

by Barry Oosthuizen -
You need someone to develop a custom grade report for you if you want students to see that within Moodle.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Elena Ivanova -
Yeah, but in the earlier post Allan wanted to have some new custom report created. I guess I am still lost on what is needed. mixed

by Allan Porras -
I have this SQL query to show students in courses:

SELECT c.id AS courseid, c.fullname, u.firstname, u.lastname
FROM mdl_role_assignments ra, mdl_user u, mdl_course c, mdl_context cxt
WHERE ra.userid = u.id
AND ra.contextid = cxt.id
AND cxt.contextlevel =50
AND cxt.instanceid = c.id
AND roleid = 5;

I have to change to show the grade of a category?

In reply to Allan Porras

by Marius Pretorius -
Hello Alan

I also have requirements for generating custom reports - I have written about it in a new thread.

I wonder though, if you would not be able to achieve what you need by exporting a gradebook to Excel and proceeding from there to create your printed reports. This is definitely possible. You will need to create the necessary categories and subcategories in your gradebook with the correct weightings for each category.

In my case I want to combine different courses and somehow get the marks into a custom report. The above solution is therefore not ideal for me.

Greetings
Marius