Upload and Display attachments using webpage resource

Upload and Display attachments using webpage resource

by Prav tend -
Number of replies: 2

Hello.

I created a Web Page resource. I would like to upload attachments in edit mode (like pdf, excel etc) and display these on the webpage. [Just like how you can browse and attach docs in Forums].

Is this possible?

(FYI..I dont want to upload a file using "files in administration" and then link to the file on the web page. Our users didnt like this. Would like to upload a doc when creating the web page) 

with many thanks

Peser23

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Prav tend

Re: Upload and Display attachments using webpage resource

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well why not just upload straight into the webpage - select the text you want to link to and then create the link and upload directly there. It isn't the same as attaching a file in a forum I agree, but it is only one step instead of 2 if you were first uploading into the course files and then making the link in the webpage.
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Upload and Display attachments using webpage resource

by Prav tend -

Thank You Mary!!

But i do not have any text on the web page to link to. The requirement is to upload a pdf through the web page in edit mode so that in display mode it shows the pdf icon and pdf file name as the link to the document  [just like in forums smile]. Hope this is achievable.

(i have attached a pdf doc to this post as an example)

Thanks.