QuizPort - how to edit all units at the same time

QuizPort - how to edit all units at the same time

by Glenys Hanson -
Number of replies: 2
Hi Gordon

Your tip about how to apply a setting to all QuizPorts at once from the "Edit all units" page:
  • Course page -> Activites block -> QuizPorts -> Edit all units (top right)
is really useful. I didn't know how to do that before. I've copied your advice here in a new discussion so it can be easily found again.

Thanks,
Glenys
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenys Hanson

Re: QuizPort - how to edit all units at the same time

by Glenys Hanson -
Hi there,

This a reply to myself because there was something I didn't realise immediately: Editing all units at once doesn't mean editing all the exercises (tests) in all the units. I didn't realise, for example, that having set all the units to "force resume" I hadn't set all the exercises in them to "force resume": it has to be done separately. It's a little confusing that a few parameters with the same names exist both for "units" and for "tests". I'm writing this to alert others - and hope I'll remember next time. mixed

Cheers,
Glenys
In reply to Glenys Hanson

Re: QuizPort - how to edit all units at the same time

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

And for completeness here are some more settings that have the same name in QuizPort units and QuizPort quizzes

• Available from:
  • Available until:
  • Time limit
  • Delay 1
  • Delay 2
  • Attempts allowed (= Attempt limit)
  • Allow resume
  • Require password
  • Require network address (= Subnet)
Also, the "Allow resume" setting doesn't really have any effect for Hot Potatoes quizzes, because it is not possible to resume a Hot Potatoes quiz attempt, so you needed worry to much about that setting on the quizzes.