Quizport: At end it is jumping out when it should not.

Quizport: At end it is jumping out when it should not.

by Jeff Finnan -
Number of replies: 7
The last quiz in my quizport has
  • >= 100% End of unit
  • Same quiz
So that if they get less than 100% they are force back to the same quiz. Instead they are being booted out of the quizport even though they got less than 100%.

Not sure why it is doing this. The quizzes ahead in the queue are:
  • >= 100% Next Quiz
  • Same quiz

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Finnan

Re: Quizport: At end it is jumping out when it should not.

by Jeff Finnan -
I just tested out myself and even though I got less than 100% on the last quiz, the Quizport ended.

In reply to Jeff Finnan

by Jeff Finnan -
It always shows abandoned for the quizport even though the students are directed out after the last quiz.
In reply to Jeff Finnan

by Jeff Finnan -
I solved it by putting in an exit page as the end of the unit. Appears to work fine now.
In reply to Jeff Finnan

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Glad you found a fix.

FYI, QuizPort assumes that when all the quizzes have been done at least once then the unit is finished so it will take students to the exit page, if there is one, or if there isn't then the students will be shown the course page.

I thought QuizPort would detect if there was a pre-condition to display the end of unit and if there was it would not terminate the hint prematurely. Perhaps I just intended to do that but haven't implented it yet. I will go take another look

thanks
Gordon
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Jeff,
I had another look at what QuizPort does when all the quizzes have been completed, and found that it does not do what I thought it did, or what you hoped it would.

So I fixed it.

Henceforth, QuizPort will always check the post-conditions on the most recently attempted quiz and act accordingly. If the conditions specify "End of unit" the unit attempt will be marked "Completed". Otherwise, the unit attempt will be left "in progress" and the student will be shown the quiz specified by the post-conditions.

If there are no post-conditions, then QuizPort will check to see if all the quizzes have been completed, and if so, the unit attempt will be marked "Completed". Otherwise the unit attempt will be left "in progress" and the student will be shown a menu of quizzes that are available, i.e. quizzes whose pre-conditions are satisfied.

Please download the latest version of QuizPort when you can, and check that it behaves more inline with how you thought it would.
thanks
Gordon
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Jeff Finnan -
Gordon,

Great thanks.

This was first time finally putting together a Quizport. I found that conference where you discuss the various aspects of Quizport and how to implement features. I would stop it and go back a little as I tried conditions, etc. Once I got the hang of things was able to add various hotpots fairly quickly. I dry ran it and it seemed to work fine. I guess I did not try the very last one.

My students have used Moodle only a few times. I have been using it as supplement for review and reinforcement. This was the first time the students did a Quizport. Beforehand I told they had to repeat some hotpots until they obtained a certain percentage. Because this was a review for a test, I made them get 100% on everything. They got upset when they were booted out of the last one.

During lunch I thought about putting an exit page. I made a copy of the entry page and used plain old Wordpad at school to edit it. Then as mentioned earlier everything went fine.

Thanks,
Jeff

PS. When you make an update like above, do you also make that available at http://docs.moodle.org/en/QuizPort_module ?
In reply to Jeff Finnan

by Gordon Bateson -
Thanks for the extra info Jeff. Sounds like you are getting pretty familiar with QuizPort.

> PS. When you make an update like above,
> do you also make that available at http://docs.moodle.org/en/QuizPort_module ?

Yes. All links lead eventually back to my server, which is where the most recent version can always be found.

Please say "Hi" to your students and pass on my thanks for helping make QuizPort better.

regards
Gordon