Problem getting out of a PowerPoint frame - Help

Problem getting out of a PowerPoint frame - Help

by W Page -
Number of replies: 7

Hi Everyone!

Need some help with a coding problem.

I uploaded PowerPoint files as a WebPage [Saved them as a Web Page In MSN Word.  Did not know how to do it in OpenOffice, if possible].

I was able to add links back to the rest of the site in the outline part of the frame on the left. [See image 1].  However, It goes to the site page [See image 2 - how the page should look]  only inside the same outline frame.

Below is an example of how the code looks.

How can I change the code so that I can get to the site page and out of the frame.

WP1

<TABLE WIDTH="100%" BGCOLOR="#000000" CELLPADDING="3" CELLSPACING="0" BORDER="0">
<TR>
<TD ALIGN="LEFT" VALIGN="TOP" BGCOLOR="#FF0000">

<A HREF="HTTP://s12345678.onlinehome.us/abc123/index.html"><FONT FACE="ARIAL" COLOR="#FFFFFF" SIZE="3"><B>HOME</B></FONT></A>
<BR>
<A HREF="
HTTP://s12345678.onlinehome.us/abc123/index2.html"><FONT FACE="ARIAL" COLOR="#FFFFFF" SIZE="3"><B>POWERPOINT</B></FONT></A>
<BR>

</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

Attachment pp_problem_01.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to W Page

Re: Problem getting out of a PowerPoint frame - Help

by John Gone -
I'm not sure of the question but if you're just trying to escape the frame use target="_top"
TIP: lower case is a good habit
In reply to W Page

by Ger Tielemans -

I was wondering too: Why do you not choose to show the file in a pop-up screen. Closing the pop-up brings you back on the right place. Moodle is the organiser, user in control...

Or miss I a detail?

In reply to Ger Tielemans

by W Page -

Hi All!

Thanks for your responses and help.

This is not a Moodle site, just a website I am putting up for a class I am taking.  That is part of the reason I placed the post in the Open Social Forum.  So, I am really using HTML only in this site.  Right now it only consists of 3 regular HTML pages and two PowerPoint files in HTML format.  Will probably only get a couple of more PowerPoint [HTML} files.

WP1

In reply to W Page

by Andy Diament -
Little trick I learnt in a forum - if you just want to display powerpint content, use openoffice to convert powerpoint to flash and put that in the site instead; won't need to be in a frame

Andy D
In reply to Andy Diament

by W Page -

Hi Andy!

Thanks for your response.

I will check this out.  I have some animation (.mov) files in the PowerPoint.  I will post if there was any problem playing them after the conversion.

WP1

In reply to W Page

Re: Escaping a PowerPoint frame - How do you do it?

by John Gone -
Hi W,
Just wondering how you made out with this project? Any chance of letting us see the result?
John
In reply to Andy Diament

by Petr Kalis -
WOW, that is good trick. I have been searching for this. Thanks a LOT.