Moodling Editing?

Moodling Editing?

by Julia Dweck -
Number of replies: 6

Hi, I am an avid wikispace user who is converting over to moodle. It seems great; however there is a lot to learn. I would like to use moodle for my fifth grade students' literature responses. I was instructed to use the "chat" feature. However, I am not sure whether I will be able to "edit" what they have written for spelling and grammatical errrors, like I have been able to do on wikispaces. Can I? If not, what moodle feature would you recommend instead?

I understand that you can leave them feedback, using "chat," but it does not seem like you can directly overwrite or highlight errors in their actual writing. Am I correct?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julia Dweck

Re: Moodling Editing?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well there are lots of possibilities in moodle - if you want a quick way of correcting you could use a forum. Also -investigate the online text assignment - this is where they type answers to you directly in Moodle (but these are private as opposed to public as a forum (or chat ) would be) When you grade it, if you have set it to "comment inline" you can then directly correct their errors - as you would like and as you can do in a forum.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Julia Dweck -

I just created an assignment; however, when I went to "student" role, I don't see it. Also, how do students turn in assignments?

Can you recommend a video tutorial for these two features? I learn best "visually."

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Julia Dweck -

I set the "comment inline," but I don't see any editing option when I open the students' assignments. What am I missing? Please, help.

In reply to Julia Dweck

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I made a video tutorial on this -it's on my youtube channel which is called "usingmoodle"and the tutorial is called something like mark work directly online -or something - sorry - I am in school and can't access youtube! Basically if you set up an online text assignment and set it to "comment inline" then once the student has typed in their answer and sent it toyou -then when you go to mark it (you click on the assignment and then,top right you will see "view (number of) submitted assignments")click the word"grade" to get to their assignment.What the student has typed to you will appear twice for you -once at the bottom ,unchangeable and again in the text editor where you would write your comments.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Julia Dweck -
THANK YOU SO MUCH. It was so easy all along. Sorry to be such a moodle-pest. smile
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Julia Dweck -
I will watch your youtube video this evening, as we can't access youtube from our school either. Here's my last question. I have it set the online text set "yes" for email alerts; however, I did not get any email alerts when my students tested it out today. Why?