No feedback for Branch Table Question ("lesson") wrong answers!

No feedback for Branch Table Question ("lesson") wrong answers!

by Sherman Keene -
Number of replies: 2
I have tried and tried to get the feedback for wrong answers in a Branch Table Question. The feedback for correct answers always shows. The feedback for answers scored 0, -25 etc. NEVER appears, only the text "Not Quite. Would you like to try again?" It this a bug or is there a setting that is doing this? I have set Default Feedback to both "yes" and "no."

I also have found that feedback (text) for End of Branch does not appear.

If anyone knows the answer to getting Feedback and End of Branch messages to appear that would be awesome!—Sherman
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sherman Keene

Re: No feedback for Branch Table Question ("lesson") wrong answers!

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Sherman,
You have raised a bunch of issues that I think I understand. The default answer showing is a puzzle and I think I forget the solution. I do understand the End of Branch issue.

Way back when, I seem to remember that there is another setting (practice lesson?) which used to add another layer of complexity when Lesson would try to figure out what to show and do. I do not have this problem because I keep to a straight and narrow path that works for us every timesmile I looked in MoodleDocs under Add/edit Lesson under display feedback and found:

TIP: Under some versions of Moodle, other lesson settings may cause the default feedback to appear, even when the teacher has supplied their own feedback. Changing the "Review button" lesson setting to "No" will show the teachers custom feedback.

End of Branch pages do not display their content to the student. They are really navigational pages that turn off any special effects in a series of pages. A special effect might include a jump to random question within a branch, with the end of branch noting where the branch ends. This suggests a trick: Teachers can use the end of branch content area to make notes for themselves or other teachers.

Do you really need to use a end of branch page AND give feedback when they finish that segment? An end of branch is supposed to default jump back to the preceding branch table page in the logical order. Consider placing a branch table page after the end of branch, making sure your students end up there after they complete the segment, and put in your comments to the students. If you are not using any special effect, do not use the end of branch page, use a branch table page and put in the comment and set the descriptions and jumps the way you want smile

Hope this helps a little. Chris

In reply to Sherman Keene

Re: No feedback for Branch Table Question ("lesson") wrong answers!

by Sherman Keene -
Wow! Thank you Chris!

The End of Branch is a little important, but the non-display of question comments by the teacher is, I think going to be a tough nut to crack.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Sherman