courses disappeared after upgrade

courses disappeared after upgrade

by Abdul Rahman -
Number of replies: 6

Upgrading to 1.0.9 was easy, but I discovered all my courses from 1.0.8.1 don't appear. They're all there in the database and the data directory, but they don't appear!

what am I doing wrong?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Abdul Rahman

Re: courses disappeared after upgrade

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Did you visit the admin page after the upgrade?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Abdul Rahman -

OK. I figured out what went wrong. There's a line in config.php:

$CFG->prefix    = 'mdl_';        // Prefix to use for all table names

That causes all the new files created to have the mdl_ prefix, but not the old files. Removing that made my courses reappear.

Now, I have a new problem. All my short URLs have become corrupted:

Check out our latest course, MISC2:Gettingwww.maxinfo.com.sg/moodle/course/view.php?id=7">MISC2:Getting> the Most Out Of Moodle. The best way to appreciate Moodle is to take it for a test drive.

Any ideas where the problem came from?

In reply to Abdul Rahman

by Paul Chan -

I have the some other problem after I removed the prefix  $CFG->prefix    = 'mdl_';  :

Warning: asort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/eiec001/public_html/paulchan/course/lib.php on line 486

In reply to Paul Chan

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
This would happen when every module is made not visible. This wuld probably occur if the database hadn't been upgraded with the new "visible" column.

I'm 90% sure this is because you didn't visit the admin page immediately after updating the files.

by Paul Chan -
I have visited the admin page again. Still the courses didn't come up. Any idea how to fix this?

by Paul Chan -
I can't do the upgrade unless this problem can be fixed.