pdf conversion

pdf conversion

by Salisha Mussio -
Number of replies: 4
Does anyone know how to convert from word, text files or excell to PDF in Moodle
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Salisha Mussio

Re: pdf conversion

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi. You can't convert from within Moodle. You have to convert them before you uploa them. There are lots of ways to do this - I use the free pdf creator program you can download. If you open your Word docs or Excel docs in Open Office that has a pdf converter too.
In reply to Salisha Mussio

by barbara beckmeyer -
I guess I am not understanding the question? Can you give more information? Generally I would convert a file into an accessible PDF and then post it into MOODLE. What exactly is it that you are wanting to do?
In reply to barbara beckmeyer

by Salisha Mussio -

I found the TCPDF folder in the moodle installation. TCPDF can be used to create pdf documents from text files. i am trying to implement a way to convert the documents in the background such that when the assignment is selected, no matter what form it is in, it appears as a pdf.

I tried working with TCPDF but it only converts text files that do not allow comments to be added to them.

maybe i should consider using something to first convert the .doc documents to text and then convert to PDF but then the formating would not be correct.