Revert submission to draft vs. Allow another attempt

Revert submission to draft vs. Allow another attempt

by Kimber Warden -
Number of replies: 5

What's the difference between Revert submission to draft and Allow another attempt when grading an assignment? I'm using Moodle 2.5.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kimber Warden

Re: Revert submission to draft vs. Allow another attempt

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

'Revert submission to draft' is basically an 'undo' for students who have incorrectly submitted an assignment - it allows them to go back and change the files before submitting again.

'Allow another attempt' saves the submission and the feedback into the submission history and allows them to create a new submission (optionally based on their original submission), which will have its own feedback associated with it.

Average of ratings: Useful (6)
In reply to Davo Smith

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Kimber for your question, and Davo for your answer which I have now added  to the Assignment FAQ so others can benefit.

In reply to Davo Smith

by Kimber Warden -

Great to know! My teachers have complained about not being able to see their previous comments, so this is great news.

Where do I access the submission history? In the grading interface, it shows only the most recent submission.

In reply to Kimber Warden

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Click on the link to grade the submission and the history is there (it wouldn't really fit on the overview page, without cluttering up the interface even more).

In reply to Davo Smith

by Philip Roy -

Supplemental question... smile

Is an assignment that has been submitted, graded and then set to "Allow another attempt" still considered "graded"?

I say this in relation to activity completion. Even if the assignment has been opened to allow another attempt, I am hoping that (in the eyes of Moodle) "Student must receive a grade to complete this activity" is still considered completed?

Phil