Alternatives to nWiki? (it's broken, again, with upgrade to 1.9.6

Alternatives to nWiki? (it's broken, again, with upgrade to 1.9.6

by Steve Wright -
Number of replies: 2
The upgrade to 1.9.6 has broken our nWikis (And took 4 times longer than other upgrades for pteppic).

I'm told:

"All the files are in the right place and it is identical to the pre-update version, in terms of wiki, but the wiki pages still look like they are not right. Can you check for me please as you know what they are supposed to do."

Nothing displays so we've lost all the data from previous courses and the display is now truly awful as it has double square brackets round everything.

We've been told that

"because of your use of NWiki, the upgrade took approximately four times as long as it should, and Paul still doesn't know if your NWiki stuff is working properly...It seriously increases the support effort needed to maintain your site, so from this point on, if we have to do anything to your site that involves re-building NWiki to get it working again (like this morning) we are going to have to charge you our remote support rate for it. "

So I'm looking for a full-featured, RELIABLE, replacement for nWiki. I'm sick of being stuck under the achilles heel of Moodle (the lack of a decent wiki).

We need a good navigation with a tree structure of pages that nWiki does well. Unfortunately both the eWiki and OU Wiki options don't have this.

Ideas/experiences/fixes welcomed.

Steve
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Wright

Re: Alternatives to nWiki? (it's broken, again, with upgrade to 1.9.6

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
thanks for the report and sorry for inconviniences. We will test this week nwiki with moodle 1.9.6
In reply to Steve Wright

Re: Alternatives to nWiki? (it's broken, again, with upgrade to 1.9.6

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
This time I was hoping it was our fault or something that we could fix. But....
All our tests upgrading (even from Moodle 1.9.3) worked out.

But the only data you give is the information you sysadmin gives you I can't help you.

If you really need help, please provide some information about your issue. something line a screenshot or a error message.