ouwiki new release

ouwiki new release

by sam marshall -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
(For those who are not familiar with it, the OU wiki is an alternative wiki for Moodle 1.9. It does not replace the standard wiki but is an additional option. It works with the HTML editor instead of wiki markup and is designed to be user-friendly and simple.)

I have done an updated release of the OU wiki today.

Read information and get it here

Not many new features but it does include bugfixes, including the one Glenys posted about in this forum! If you had problems trying to install an older version, please give this one a go.

For those wondering what's happening in future, there are no major changes on the horizon. We are planning to add a couple more administrative features - including the ability to revert to a previous version without having to copy/paste it - in the autumn.

Also just a note - I am posting this to the wiki forum because it seemed most appropriate, but I don't actually read the wiki forum (obviously, we have our own wiki, so most of it is not relevant). I'll try to remember to keep an eye on this post for the next few days. However, if you need to report a bug, please contact me directly by email/Moodle private message.

--sam
Average of ratings: -
In reply to sam marshall

Re: ouwiki new release

by Steve Wright -
Any chance of the search fucntion searching the comments?

We've found that a huge limitation and are now testing nWiki - but nWiki only seems to work in Safari at the moment or as an admin so what we need is the OU's reliability with *some* of the extra features of the nWiki (like separated discussion/comment rather than integrated and navigation/index blocks...

We can but wish!
In reply to sam marshall

Re: ouwiki new release

by Leo Brehm -
Hello,
IS there a way to allow students to insert images into the wiki through the menu editor? Right now it only allows a reference to an image.
Thank you
Leo