Best Method for Aligning Images to Text - CSS/HTML?

Best Method for Aligning Images to Text - CSS/HTML?

by Ms. Letha Sanders -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

I've got a teacher who is having difficulty with images and text pages. The teacher is using a resource web page to include text and pictures.

Here is the question.

Is there a trick to inserting a JPEG image and sizing it to match the print text? Although I align the text with the insertion correctly in the Editor, it doesn't match up exactly when I display it.

• I've mentioned highlighting the image and changing to a smaller/larger size by using the corner arrow.
  • I've suggested highlighting the picture and text altogether and clicking on the left-align, center-align or right-align buttons.
  • I've also suggested using the "Toggle HTML Source" button to add a width and height specifically for the image.

Is there something else I can offer as solid instruction for aligning the image?  Can CSS code be inserted into the <head> section of the html code page and still work to accomplish the same thing?

I'd like to suggest using tables within the html web page but I've been using tables with images and text inside the summary pages and it has stretched the middle column across to the entire right side of my screen.  I still haven't been able to fix it.  I guess this means using tables is taboo?

Truth be known...the teacher needs help and so do I.

Thanks for anything you can advise. 

Ms. Letha  smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ms. Letha Sanders

Re: Best Method for Aligning Images to Text - CSS/HTML?

by Cristina Berisso -

Hello Letha,

If I understand what you would like to do and the problem the teacher is encountering, this could be easily solved adding an "align" attribute to your image or if the issue is a little more complicated than that, using a table with border=0. Could you please show us how the page is looking like right now and tell us what the teacher would like to see?

Cristina