moodle/mod/hotpot/lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in...

moodle/mod/hotpot/lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in...

by Suzanne Jensen -
Number of replies: 3

sujen@iea.att.ne.jp

Hello Rob,

I just installed the HotPot module in my Moodle, and though it declared "Success" at the end, when I went to the "Activities" box on my Moodle page, the module was called modulename instead of HotPot.  When I clicked on it, I got the following error message:

spacer.gif

icon.gif Adding a new modulename to week 2modulename to week 2" href="http://sujen.org/u-tokai/moodle/help.php?module=HotPot&file=mods.html">Adding a new <a href=modulename to week 2" src="http://sujen.org/u-tokai/moodle/pix/help.gif" width="22" border="0" />

Warning: main(/home/tnzbaaq/public_html/u-tokai/moodle/mod/hotpot/lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tnzbaaq/public_html/u-tokai/moodle/mod/HotPot/mod.html on line 5

What did I do wrong?  Does it have anything to do with permissions (which you indicated on another answer to another moodler).  And are there any files which require any permissions other than the standard 644?

Many thanks, Suzanne (Tokai University, Japan) sujen@iea.att.ne.jp

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Suzanne Jensen

Re: moodle/mod/hotpot/lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in...

by Thomas Robb -
It looks like the hotpot.php file with the language definitions wasn't found in moodle/lang/en. This would explain the modulename problem. Version 1.4 of Moodle includes this file in the standard release even those the hotpot module itself isn't. What version of Moodle are you using?

Also, it seems that this file isn't there:

http://sujen.org/u-tokai/moodle/mod/hotpot/mod.html

Please see if the above file and also moodle/lang/en/hotpot.php exist and whether the permissions on the files are the standard 644 or not, and report back.

Also, this doesn't have anything to do with the Hotpot module, but you don't have the cron function set up properly yet, so no mail is being sent out from your site.
In reply to Thomas Robb

Re: moodle/mod/hotpot/lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in...

by Suzanne Jensen -

Hi Robb,

Thanks for your quick reply.  I have 1.4 version installed, and those files are there, with a 755 permission on the moodle/mod/hotpot/mod.php and 644 on the lang/en/hotpot.php.

Does it matter that my hotpot directory is writtern HotPot?

As for the cron function, no idea what it means or does (will look it up, though, promise!), but I got a digest of the forums from the site today.  So how does that happen?

And it's a worry that someone else could access the cron function (whatever it is) because I have some extremely  clever science and engineering students in my writing course, and I would hate to think they might be able to hack my site somehow.  Could you give a little advice on that?

Suz

In reply to Thomas Robb

by Suzanne Jensen -

Hi Robb,

Further to our conversation: checking these links on my installation

Administration » Configuration » Language » Check for missing strings

I was given this message.

The following strings are not defined in /home/tnzbaaq/public_html/u-tokai/moodle/lang/en/block_course_list.php

$string['configadminview'] = "";

Warning: main(../../config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tnzbaaq/public_html/u-tokai/moodle/lang/en/hotpot.php on line 10

Does this help in your analysis of my problem?

Suz