How can I turn off auto-enrollment

How can I turn off auto-enrollment

by Bjorn Normann -
Number of replies: 4
It seems that our moodle is set to auto-enrollment. How can I turn it off?
I'm on the 1.95 version and I cant find where this switch is set.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bjorn Normann

Re: How can I turn off auto-enrollment

by Jeffrey Hotte -
You can turn it off from the particular course under Admin/Settings.

At the Edit Course Settings screen under Enrollments switch the Course enrollable option to No.

From the Site Administration block on the start page there are options under Course/Enrollments/Settings

In reply to Jeffrey Hotte

Svar: Re: How can I turn off auto-enrollment

by Bjorn Normann -
Hey Jeffrey.
I have really worked hard on this, and now I understand that you misunderstood me smile.
You see my problem is that when a user is opening an account in my moodle, he get the right to go into every course without enrolling at all. The same way as me as a administrator. But I want them to enroll in the courses, but they don't get the button for enroll into the courses, they just enter. But the other strange thing is that they cant enter the forums? I really think it has something to do with the roles rights. And it says "inheriting", but I cant see from where they inherit. It is "Authenticated users".

Re: Svar: Re: How can I turn off auto-enrollment

by ajusd ajusd -

Hi Bjorn,

Have you come across a solution for this issue? We are experiencing the same exact thing. Thank you, -Mike

Re: Svar: Re: How can I turn off auto-enrollment

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Make sure the default role for users once they log in is 'Authenticated user' and not 'Student'. To check this and fix it if needed, go to 'Administration > Users > Permissions > User policies' and check that the 'Default role for all users' is actually 'Authenticated user' and not 'Student'.

Saludos, Iñaki.