The meaning of the icons in groups

The meaning of the icons in groups

by Athail Pulino -
Number of replies: 3

When in edition mode, as a teacher, I can see that icons related to groups.

I (sorry for the basic question) can't unsdestend the following:

1) When I see 2 people icon it means that all groups are allowed to see that material or activity?

2) When I see 1 person brown and other not brown it means that one group have access to that activity (which group)? In this case how to indicate which group can see that?

3) Finally, when I see both people not brown it means that no groups can see the activity or material?

Please, any help will help.

Athail Pulino.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Athail Pulino

Re: The meaning of the icons in groups

by Samuli Karevaara -
2) is the easiest: there are no groups, everybody is working in one big community.

1) means that there are groups, and the work is done in groups, but groups can see each other.

3) means that there are groups, and the work is done in groups, but groups can not see each other.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Samuli Karevaara

by Sue Phares -
I think part of the confusion is that you can change the group mode for activities and resources that have nothing to do with groups - for example, you can change the groups mode on a text file or a link to a website. If it's not gradeable and it doesn't allow student submission or collaboration, then the group setting seems not only useless but unnecessarily confusing.
In reply to Athail Pulino

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
Here's what the icons mean:
  • groupn.gif - the activity is in the no groups mode (all students in the course can use it as one big group)
  • groupv.gif - the activity is in the visible groups mode (students are working in their own groups, but they can switch to the other groups to see what they are doing)
  • groups.gif - the activity is in the separate groups mode (students are working in their own groups and they cannot switch to the other groups to see what they are doing)
Hope this helps,
Przemek
Average of ratings: Useful (1)