Changing logos

Changing logos

by Lydia Finnegan -
Number of replies: 6

Hello All,

This may sound silly as I think it's been asked before but I didnt' understand the responses so thought I'd post myself.......

How do you change the logo on the top of the page?  Apparently you go into the theme file and change the header.html........but how exactly do you do that? What menu do you go into?

(I've only just started learning about html)

Thanks so much! smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lydia Finnegan

Re: Changing logos

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

The names of the logo images are stored in the stylesheets in your theme folder, example:

\Moodle\theme\your_theme\styles_layout.css

Your theme may or may not have that file - each theme is different. Which theme are you using?

However, it might not be as simple as just changing the image files. You might have to play atround with the positioning of the images, colours etc. All of that is done in the stylesheets.

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Lydia Finnegan -
still a bit confused I'm afraid, am using the cornflower theme.....any ideas? smile

by Hartmut Scherer -
Hi Lydia,

I am using the anomly theme, not the cornflower theme. If you want to change the logo in cornflower you need to prepare a file with a width of 457 px and a height of 64 px. Save this picture as jpg with the name logo. Before you upload your new logo file, I recommend renaming the current logo in /public_html/theme/cornflower/images to logo-original (or something else). Then, upload your new logo to /public_html/theme/cornflower/images

When you now log in to your site, the new logo should show up (or press Ctrl-F5 to refresh your site).

With kind regards,

Hartmut
In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
No, I suggest you do not do what Hartmut suggests just yet, unless you are going to use the same background colour or until you understand a little more about how themes and images for themes work. You may want to look here before you do anything though... Happy to discuss it with you..

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

In your \theme\cornflower\images folder you'll find a file called logo.jpg. That is the image that makes up the top dark blue section of the theme. To add your logo to this image open the logo.psd file that is included in the above folder and add your logo. Then save it as logo.jpg. logo.psd is a Photoshop file, so you'll need Adobe Photoshop to edit it. If you don't have Photoshop, open the logo.jpg file in any image editor that can edit .jpg files, e.g. GIMP or one of these.

Read this for more info on how to customize the theme - or create your own theme:
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Theme
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Theme_basics
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Themes_FAQ