Chat messages doubled when entered on mac

Chat messages doubled when entered on mac

by Amy Groshek -
Number of replies: 3
Hi everyone. I'm not too tech-savvy, but learning, so please bear with me, and maybe in a few months/years I will actually contribute something to Moodle.

Chat works fine for us on PCs, but when users are accessing from a mac, their message is duplicated for some reason. What and where is the cause? Can I fix it without going too deep into the code?

Any help, greatly apprieciated. Humbly, Amy.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Amy Groshek

Re: Chat messages doubled when entered on mac

by John Papaioannou -
Amy, this is a problem which appears in specific combinations of operating systems and browser versions. It cannot be easily fixed.

However, we are doing our best to minimize and hopefully eliminate this behavior. You could help us a lot by reporting exactly which OS & version and web browser & version presents this behavior.

Jon
In reply to John Papaioannou

by Amy Groshek -

Thanks for letting me know, Jon. The combination was OS X running Explo[d]er 5.2.3. Reportedly, one of the students was using a Netscape version, but I can't find out which one.

I can just tell them to use Mozilla or Safari, if they can get their heads around that CRAZY idea... Amy

In reply to Amy Groshek

by John Papaioannou -
Seeing as I have no Mac, and thus no OS X to test on, I hope that someone who does sees this message and gives a helping hand. I 've filed bug #2035 so that this is sure to be resolved eventually.

In the meantime, I think that the guilty party was the Netscape user. IE, Mozilla and Safari work fine under OSX as far as I know.

Jon