Sample Quizport that gives an html file before and after quizzes

Sample Quizport that gives an html file before and after quizzes

by Gerald Grow -
Number of replies: 2
I've set up a demo on your server, Gordon, called "Test w html files between quizzes-GGrow" -- a QuizPort in which each quiz goes to an html file that explains whether or not you have to repeat it, then advances or repeats as needed.

The last quiz has a different final message after it.

When you have a moment (pause for hysterical laughter to die down), please glance at the pre- and post- settings to see if there is any simpler way to make such a sequence.

My idea is to embed such reminder files at the start of each lengthy unit of quizzes, or at the start of a unit when students might not have visited the site for a while.

See, please, if I have understood the use of non-quiz "quizzes" in a QuizPort sequence.

I was hoping to create a small, useful demo of how to apply the ability of QuizPort to use html files between quizzes.

Thanks,

Gerald
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerald Grow

Re: Sample Quizport that gives an html file before and after quizzes

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Gerald,
that QuizPort seems very neat way to include extended feedback in the quiz chain.

You can save QuizPort a little bit of work if you don't use both "<=" and ">=" in the post-conditions. For example where you have:
  • >=90%: Skip next quiz
  • <=90%: Next quiz
Strictly speaking, the second post-condition should be <= 89%, but actually you only really need the following:
  • >=90%: Skip next quiz
  • Next quiz
This is because QuizPort will check the post-conditions in the order you see them listed here, and will act on the first post-condition that is satisfied. You can think of the final condition as a catch-all condition with an implied meaning of "otherwise do this ...".

This principle makes even more sense if you have more post-conditions. Consider the following example:
  • >=100%: Skip next quiz
  • >=80%: Next quiz
  • >=60%: Same quiz
  • Previous quiz
As general principles then, I recommend you use either ">=" or "<=" but not both, and make the final condition a catch-all condition with no score restrictions.

all the best
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Sample Quizport that gives an html file before and after quizzes

by Gerald Grow -
Thank you, Gordon.

--Gerald