Lesson Dependency Trick - Not working for me

Lesson Dependency Trick - Not working for me

by Matthew Fleming -
Number of replies: 1

I have successfully installed the Certificate Module. I have been following the directions given in the MoodleDocs (here) trying to set up Lesson Dependency Trick 1.

1. I have created the certificate and set it to be dependent on Certificate Qualification with grade > 80%.

2. I created a lesson - Certificate Qualification - and created 2 questions. This lesson is linked to Certificate Gateway.

3. I created Certificate Gateway and it is dependent upon Certificate Qualification with a score better than 80% and is linked to Certificate.

I cannot get things to flow correctly when viewing as a student.
a) If I click on Certificate Gateway I get a red box that says “Navigation: first page not found”

b) If I click Certificate Qualification, I see my quiz and take it. After the final question, I am presented with a page that shows my score as 20 out of 20. Each question was worth 10 points. It then shows “Your current grade is 0.0 out of 0” If I click the link to see the certificate I see a red box that says “Navigation: first page not found”

Can anyone help me get this worked out?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matthew Fleming

Re: Lesson Dependency Trick - Not working for me

by Nathan Oliver -
Matt, I don't know what the certificate gateway thing is, but if you get rid of that and do the following, you can get the dependancy issue solved:
In the settings for the quiz, where you set the dependancy of 80% there is a feedback field, go to the page that shows you your certificate and copy the URL, then paste it in the feedback filed. You need to add a bit of html to exclude the link and insert the word certificate:file.php/3/link.html>Post-Course Survey
You will need to instruct your audience to look for the feedback link to the certificate. Also, make sure you have general feedback checked in the settings for the activity you are setting as the gateway to the certificate. The only issue I am having with tis method is that it doesn't allow you to hide the certificate link.