Powerpoints not importing - no error

Powerpoints not importing - no error

by Sally Brownlow -
Number of replies: 2

I am sorry to start a new thread on this, but can't find one with my exact problem:

I have been able to import PPTs into Lessons without any trouble until now.

I have saved my PowerPoint as html and zipped the folder.

When I try to import it into a Lesson, it all seems to go well. I get the message that says 'Insert Page' and 'Continue', just as I does when it all works well.

But, it is just not there ... it has simply not loaded at all.

Any ideas??

Thanks, Sally

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sally Brownlow

Re: Powerpoints not importing - no error

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Sally:

I have been able to import PPTs into Lessons without any trouble until now.

If you have been able to import PPTs into the Lesson module until now, it's really up to you to work out what has changed on your Moodle platform or in the PPTs which lead to unsucessful result now. We can't help you unless you find out about those changes on your system first of all. Some ideas: have you updated to a new moodle version? Can you find those older PPTs which worked OK and try to import them again? Do they work? If they do, compare them with the PPTs which do not import for content (images?), size, etc etc.
ATB,
Joseph
PS.- As those moodlers who are subscribed to this Lesson module forum know, I hold the view that importing PPTs into the Lesson module is "not a good idea" anyway.
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Powerpoints not importing - no error

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
I agree with Joseph's conclusion. It has taken me a few years to swing around to it.

I would like to see an import series of text pages and a simple import series of picture pages in Lesson, just as we can do with a series of question pages.

Lazy teachers or lazy developers - you take your pick - importing PPT is no longer a great idea smile In theory it works and is a wonderful idea, but sometimes it leaves something to be desired in practice.

Best to all, Chris